What is World Oogiri?
‘World Oogiri’ is a global version of the traditional Japanese joke battle 'Oogiri.'
You can submit your jokes only in English, Chinese, or Korean. (Japanese is NOT accepted)
TV writer Mitsuyoshi Takasu will be the main person in charge to choose the best joke for each theme.
Will the competitors be able to overcome the language barrier and convince the world of their sense of humor?
The world’s first experimental competition is about to commence.
- Born in Hyogo Prefecture on December 24, 1963. Takasu was introduced to the television industry by comedian Hitoshi Matsumoto, who he had a close relationship with since childhood. By age 24, Takasu started his career as a television writer. He has written more than a dozen shows, including major variety shows such as “Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende,” “Ippon Grand Prix,” and the “Waratte wa Ikenai” series. At one point during his career, Takasu was crowned number one for writing the most number of shows networked at prime time. Takasu has a wide range of experience, working as a film screenwriter and director, a TVC director, an event producer, as well as a radio host.
SUBMIT YOUR JOKE
- Notes on submissions
- ●Submissions that may offend public orders or deemed inappropriate may be deleted.
- ●Submissions cannot be changed or deleted once submitted.
- ●You may submit as many jokes as you wish to a theme, but they must all be different.
- ●It may take a while for submissions to appear on the site.
- ●The announcement of winners will only be made on the website. Winners will not be contacted directly.
- ●The answer feed will be reset each time the theme changes.
FOR THIS ROUND
This project has now ended.
Thank you for all of the submissions.
*Please note that by submitting your answer, you confirm that
Displayed using the multilingual translation system
*Displaying the 50 most recently submitted answers.
*The results were generated using machine translation.
*It may take some time for your submission(s) to appear as this is not a realtime feed.
*The feed will be randomly updated once a day.
*This map is not updated in real time.
It is shown based on the number of countries as
of the due date for the latest question.